No matter how long you plan to stay in Saudi Arabia, the time will come for you to return to your home country “for good.” But before you do, you need to make sure that everything is in order by the time you leave… and this includes applying for your final exit visa.
You might be thinking, why do I need to apply for a final exit visa? First of all, it would serve as proof that all your bills and accounts have been settled, and you’re “free” to go. Secondly, it can help you avoid getting a travel ban, should you decide to come back again!
Guide to Applying for a Final Exit Visa
Before applying for your final exit visa, you need to request for a non-objection letter (NOL) from your employer first. This letter would indicate that your employer has officially granted you permission to leave the country. It is also one of the requirements in applying for the visa.
To apply for a final exit visa, make sure that you have:
- Valid Passport
- Iqama (Valid Resident Permit)
- NOL from Employer
NOTE: As long as your resident permit is still valid, there is no need to pay any fees when applying for a final exit visa.
Here is a step-by-step guide to getting a final exit visa:
- Go to the official website of the Ministry of Interior (MOI).
- Log into your MOI account (or register if you don’t have one yet).
- At the MOI website, select “eServices.”
- Click on “Passports” and then “Dependent Services.”
- Select the relevant dependent and click “Issue Final Visa.”
- Make sure that the information (e.g. Iqama, passport) on the website is correct.
- Read the Terms & Conditions, then select “OK.”
- Wait for the final exit visa to be issued within 60 days.
MOI Operating Hours & Locations
Aside from going online, you can also visit the nearest MOI office to apply for a final exit visa. Morning timings are between 9am and 12nn (Saturday to Wednesday), while evening timings are from 4pm to 9 pm (daily).
In Riyadh, their offices are located at Sahara Mall, Flamengo Mall, Al-Sadhan Mall, and Al-Sadhan Mall Al-Selaimanyya. In Jeddah, their office is situated at Al-Tahliya Trading Centre.
- To process your final exit visa, you need to be in the country.
- If you leave the country without processing your final exit visa, you will be banned from entering Saudi Arabia for two (2) years. This could be a problem, especially if you are planning to come back in the future!
- However, if you are a dependent listed on someone else’s visa, you don’t need to be in the country for the processing of your final exit visa. Your sponsor can do it in your behalf.
- In any case, make sure that your final exit visa is processed accordingly, to avoid any legal issues or problems.
ALSO READ: How to Dress in Saudi Arabia
DISCLAIMER: The above details are presented for information-sharing purposes only. To learn more about how to apply for a final exit visa, please visit the official website of the Ministry of Interior.