How to Apply for Report of Birth (ROB) for Infants

In an earlier post, we shared a guide for Filipinos who are planning to get married in Saudi Arabia. This time around, we are going to talk about another family-related topic: how to report the birth of a child who is born to Filipino parents in Saudi Arabia.

Reporting a child’s birth to the Philippine Embassy is important. Doing so will enable the birth to be registered with the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA). In this article, we will discuss the requirements and fees in applying for a child’s Report of Birth (ROB) with the Embassy.

Guide to Reporting a Child’s Birth to Philippine Embassy

To apply for a child’s Report of Birth (ROB), the parents or guardian must prepare certain documents and submit these to the Philippine Embassy for processing.

General Requirements

  • Accomplished Report of Birth Form (4 copies, all originally signed). Visit this link to download the form. This should be typewritten (except for the signatures) when brought to the Embassy.
  • Birth Certificate for Non-Saudis (original and 4 photocopies). This document is issued by the Saudi Civil Affairs Office, and should include an English translation.
  • Parents’ Passports (original and 4 photocopies). Include the data page only.
  • Parents’ Marriage Contract (original and 4 photocopies). This could be any of the following: (a) Marriage Contract issued by PSA; (b) Report of Marriage issued by the Philippine Embassy and signed by the Consul General/Consul/Vice Consul; OR (c) Marriage Contract issued by Marriage Court, authenticated by Saudi Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA), and with English translation.

Additional Requirements

Aside from the general requirements, the following additional documents may be required by the Embassy for specific cases:

  • Affidavit of Two Disinterested Persons. This is required in cases where the child has no birth certificate or record.
  • Affidavit of Delayed Registration. This applies to cases where the report/registration is made more than one (1) year after the child’s date of birth.
  • Affidavit Acknowledging Paternity (AAP) and Affidavit to Use the Surname of the Father (AUSF). This applies to unmarried parents who are opting for the child to use the father’s surname.

Notarial Fees

The notarial fee for each affidavit is SAR 100. Please note that personal appearance and identifications are necessary for executing the affidavits.

Screenshot of Report of Birth (ROB) form at

Requirements for AAP and AUSF

In cases where the child’s parents are unmarried, but they are opting for the child to use his/her father’s surname, the following requirements need to be prepared.

For the Affidavit of Acknowledgement of Paternity (AAP), executed by the father, prepare:

  • Copy of Child’s Registered/Unregistered Birth Certificate
  • Copy of Father’s/Mother’s Passport (data page only)

For the Affidavit to Use the Surname of the Father (AUSF), executed by the mother, prepare:

  • Copy of Parents’ Passports (data page only)
  • Copy of Father’s/Mother’s Passport (data page only)

NOTE: There should be five (5) copies each of these affidavits, all originally signed.

To see the format and to download the forms for each of the said affidavits, please visit this link. The link includes the forms for Affidavit of Delayed Registration and Joint Affidavit of Two Disinterested Persons as well.

DISCLAIMER: The above guide is presented for general information-sharing purposes only. To know more about the latest requirements, fees, and procedure for registering a child’s Report of Birth, please visit the official website of the Philippine Embassy. 

READ NEXT: Philippine ePassport Renewal Centres launched in Riyadh, Jeddah and Al Khobar in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia 

Leave a Comment