The Saudi Commission for Health Specialties (SCFHS) is a regulatory body established in Saudi Arabia to oversee and develop the healthcare sector. It plays a critical role in ensuring the quality of healthcare services provided to the public by accrediting and certifying healthcare professionals and institutions.
Through its efforts, SCFHS has helped to improve the overall quality of healthcare in Saudi Arabia and is a vital component of the country’s healthcare infrastructure. In this guide, we will explore the history, functions, and responsibilities of SCFHS. Keep on reading to learn more.
The primary purpose of the SCFHS is to regulate and develop the healthcare sector in Saudi Arabia.
It was established in 1992 as an independent scientific body to supervise healthcare professionals and institutions and ensure they meet the highest standards of quality and safety.
SCFHS plays a crucial role in maintaining and improving the health and wellbeing of the Saudi population by accrediting and certifying healthcare professionals and institutions, conducting research, and developing training programs.
Through its efforts, SCFHS has helped to elevate the standard of healthcare services in the country and improve public health outcomes.
Functions and Responsibilities
The SCFHS has several functions and responsibilities aimed at regulating and developing the healthcare sector in Saudi Arabia.
Accreditation and Certification
One of the primary functions of SCFHS is to accredit and certify healthcare professionals and institutions. SCFHS ensures that healthcare professionals meet the required standards of education, training, and practice before they are licensed to practice.
Similarly, healthcare institutions must meet specific criteria before they are accredited by SCFHS. This function helps to improve the quality of healthcare services in the country.
Curriculum Development and Training Programs
SCFHS is responsible for developing and updating the curricula of healthcare training programs in Saudi Arabia. It ensures that these programs meet international standards and are relevant to the needs of the healthcare sector in the country.
Moreover, SCFHS provides training programs and continuous professional development opportunities to healthcare professionals to enhance their knowledge and skills.
Research and Development
SCFHS is involved in conducting and promoting research in the healthcare sector in Saudi Arabia.
This function helps to advance knowledge and understanding of health-related issues, develop evidence-based policies and strategies, and improve the quality of healthcare services in the country.
SCFHS is responsible for protecting the rights of consumers of healthcare services in Saudi Arabia.
It ensures that healthcare professionals and institutions adhere to ethical standards and guidelines and that patients receive safe, high-quality healthcare services.
To carry out its responsibilities, SCFHS has established several departments, committees, and councils. These bodies are responsible for developing policies, standards, and guidelines and overseeing the implementation of these policies.
Examples of how SCFHS contributes to the healthcare sector in Saudi Arabia include the development of national licensing exams for healthcare professionals, the establishment of a national electronic system for licensing and accreditation, and the provision of scholarships and grants for healthcare students and researchers.
Programs and Services
Mumaris Plus is a unified portal that provides a convenient and efficient way for health practitioners in Saudi Arabia to access the services offered by the SCFHS.
With Mumaris+, practitioners can apply for a wide range of services, including licensure, certification, accreditation, and training programs. The portal provides clear and detailed information about the requirements and fees associated with each service, allowing practitioners to easily navigate the application process.
Mumaris Plus is an important tool that streamlines the application process for healthcare practitioners, making it easier for them to comply with the regulations and standards set by the SCFHS.
- Professional classification service from inside and outside the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia: This service allows healthcare professionals to apply for classification within their respective fields from within the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia or from outside the country.
- Professional re-classification service: This service allows healthcare professionals to apply for re-classification within their respective fields for a variety of reasons, including changes in their qualifications or work experience.
- Professional Re-registration service: This service allows healthcare professionals to renew their registration with the Saudi Commission for Health Specialties. Re-registration is required for healthcare professionals to continue practicing in Saudi Arabia.
- New qualification study: This service allows healthcare professionals to study for new qualifications that may be required for their professional development or career advancement. The SCFHS offers a range of training and development programs for healthcare professionals.
- Issuing a training letter: This service allows healthcare professionals to request a letter verifying their participation in training or development programs offered by the SCFHS.
- Issuance of good standing certificate: This service allows healthcare professionals to obtain a certificate of good standing from the SCFHS. This certificate verifies that the healthcare professional is in good standing and adheres to the ethical and professional standards set by the SCFHS.
- Recognition Services of Professional Development Activities from Outside the Kingdom: This service allows healthcare professionals to request recognition for professional development activities completed outside of Saudi Arabia. The SCFHS evaluates these activities to determine if they meet the required standards.
- Oral Examination Session for Professional Practice: This service allows healthcare professionals to apply for an oral examination to demonstrate their competence in their respective field of practice to ensure that healthcare professionals meet the required standards of practice.
- Recognition of Self-Directed Learning Activities: This service allows healthcare professionals to request recognition for self-directed learning activities. The SCFHS evaluates these activities to determine if they meet the required standards for continuing professional development.
Continuing Professional Development
Professional development is a crucial aspect of maintaining high standards of healthcare delivery. The SCFHS offers a range of development programs designed to enhance the knowledge and skills of healthcare practitioners in Saudi Arabia.
Through these programs, healthcare professionals have the opportunity to expand their expertise, stay up-to-date with the latest developments in their field, and improve their ability to provide high-quality care to patients.
The aim of these development programs is to sustain the knowledge and professional development of health practitioners and ensure that they are equipped with the necessary skills and knowledge to meet the evolving needs of the healthcare sector.
By participating in these programs, healthcare professionals can enhance their career prospects and contribute to the overall improvement of the healthcare system in Saudi Arabia.
The Postgraduate Program Exams offered by the SCFHS are designed to evaluate the knowledge and skills of healthcare practitioners in their respective fields of practice.
These exams play an important role in assessing the competency of healthcare professionals and ensuring that they have the necessary knowledge and skills to provide high-quality care to patients.
The SCFHS is committed to developing healthcare professionals through these exams by providing them with feedback on their performance and helping them to identify areas for improvement.
By ensuring that healthcare professionals are competent and up-to-date with the latest advances in their fields, the SCFHS is helping to improve the overall quality of healthcare in Saudi Arabia.
- Prometric: Prometric is a testing company that partners with the SCFHS to administer a range of exams for healthcare practitioners in Saudi Arabia. Prometric offers computer-based testing services for a variety of exams including the postgraduate program exams and the health practitioner licensing exam. Healthcare practitioners can register for exams through the Prometric website and schedule their exams at a convenient testing center.
- Digital Learning Platform: The Digital Learning Platform is an online education platform provided by the SCFHS. The platform offers a range of training courses and educational resources for healthcare practitioners in Saudi Arabia. These resources are designed to help healthcare practitioners develop their knowledge and skills and stay up-to-date with the latest developments in their fields.
- Pearson Vue: Pearson Vue is a computer-based testing company that partners with the SCFHS to administer the health practitioner licensing exam. Healthcare practitioners can register for the exam through the Pearson Vue website and schedule their exam at a convenient testing center.
- Good Standing Report: The Good Standing Report is a certificate issued by the SCFHS that verifies that a healthcare practitioner is in good standing and adheres to the ethical and professional standards set by the SCFHS. Healthcare practitioners can apply for a Good Standing Report through the Mumaris Plus portal.
- A statement for the participated trainer in the postgraduate training programs: Healthcare practitioners who participate in postgraduate training programs offered by the SCFHS can request a statement of participation from their trainers. This statement verifies that the practitioner completed the training program and can be used for professional development and career advancement.
- Applying for TOT Pro Courses: Healthcare practitioners who are interested in becoming trainers for postgraduate training programs offered by the SCFHS can apply for the TOT Pro Courses. These courses provide healthcare practitioners with the knowledge and skills necessary to become effective trainers and mentors.
- Health Leadership Academy: The Health Leadership Academy is a training program offered by the SCFHS for healthcare professionals who are interested in leadership roles. The program is designed to develop the leadership skills of healthcare professionals and help them to become effective leaders in their organizations.
- Exam Results: Healthcare practitioners can access their exam results through the Mumaris Plus portal. Exam results are typically available within a few weeks of the exam date. Healthcare practitioners who do not pass an exam can request a re-grading of their exam result.
- HAYAD: HAYAD is an online verification system provided by the SCFHS that allows healthcare practitioners to verify the authenticity of their certificates and credentials. Healthcare practitioners can use HAYAD to check their own credentials or to verify the credentials of other healthcare practitioners.
- Daem: Daem is a portal provided by the SCFHS that allows healthcare practitioners to apply for a range of services including professional classification, re-classification, and re-registration. Healthcare practitioners can also use Daem to
Matching: Matching is the process through which healthcare professionals in Saudi Arabia are matched to their respective training programs. The SCFHS is responsible for overseeing the matching process and ensuring that healthcare professionals are matched to the training programs that best suit their qualifications and career aspirations.
The matching process is conducted annually and involves a rigorous selection process that takes into account a variety of factors, including the healthcare professional’s academic qualifications, work experience, and career goals.
Training Completion Certificate Authentication: The Training Completion Certificate Authentication service provided by the SCFHS enables healthcare professionals to authenticate their training completion certificates.
This service is essential for healthcare professionals who wish to practice in Saudi Arabia, as it verifies that they have completed the required training programs and are qualified to practice in their respective fields.
Print Training Completion Certificate: The SCFHS offers healthcare professionals the option to print their training completion certificates online.
This service allows healthcare professionals to easily access and print their certificates from the comfort of their own homes or offices.
Nominations platform: The Nominations Platform provided by the SCFHS allows healthcare professionals to nominate themselves or others for various training programs and professional development opportunities.
The platform is designed to streamline the nomination process and ensure that healthcare professionals have access to the training and development programs that best suit their needs and career aspirations.
Mulhem: Mulhem is a service provided by the SCFHS that allows healthcare professionals to submit and track their requests online.
The service is designed to simplify the process of requesting services from the SCFHS and to provide healthcare professionals with real-time updates on the status of their requests.
Search by trainee record number: The SCFHS provides a search feature that allows healthcare professionals to search for their trainee record number. This feature is essential for healthcare professionals who need to access their training and certification records for various purposes, including renewing their registration with the SCFHS and applying for new job opportunities.
Printing Annual Report: Healthcare professionals can print their annual report from the SCFHS website. The annual report provides an overview of the healthcare professional’s training and certification records, including their progress towards completing their training requirements.
Invoice Printing: The SCFHS provides healthcare professionals with the option to print their invoices online.
This service is essential for healthcare professionals who need to keep track of their financial records and expenses related to their training and certification requirements.
Clinical Diploma Exam (general specialties) Application Form: The Clinical Diploma Exam Application Form is used by healthcare professionals who wish to apply for the Clinical Diploma Exam in General Specialties offered by the SCFHS.
The form can be downloaded from the SCFHS website and must be completed and submitted along with the required documentation.
Financial Clearance and Issuance of Documents and Wall Certificates: The Financial Clearance and Issuance of Documents and Wall Certificates service provided by the SCFHS is essential for healthcare professionals who need to obtain financial clearance and receive their documents and wall certificates related to their training and certification requirements.
Buaed Service: The Buaed Service provided by the SCFHS allows healthcare professionals to obtain information about their training and certification records. This service is essential for healthcare professionals who need to keep track of their progress towards completing their training requirements.
Saudi Board Examination Result: Healthcare professionals who have taken the Saudi Board Examination can obtain their results from the SCFHS website.
The Saudi Board Examination is an essential requirement for healthcare professionals who wish to practice in Saudi Arabia.
Tawasul Matching: The Tawasul Matching service provided by the SCFHS is designed to match healthcare professionals with training and development opportunities that best suit their qualifications and career goals.
The service is essential for healthcare professionals who wish to advance their careers and improve their skills.
In conclusion, the Saudi Commission for Health Specialties has significantly contributed to the development and regulation of the healthcare sector in Saudi Arabia.
Its various programs and services, such as Mumaris Plus, Postgraduate Program Exams, and Professional Classification Services, have helped to ensure that healthcare professionals are properly trained and accredited to provide high-quality care to the public.
READ NEXT: 10 Reasons Why Filipinos Want to Work in Saudi Arabia